[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

[ my middle name should be random ]

And now, a random sampling of the haps of my life:

I know I'm wicked late to jump on the bandwagon, but I finally saw Juno. And I heart it just as much as every other person who has raved about it. I watched it two times this weekend, and contemplated letting Blockbuster charge me the extra $20 for keeping it. In the end, my desire to actually have money in my pocket led me to return it today.

As much as gas prices suck, I'm actually pretty okay with it. Mainly because my car gets rockin' gas mileage. I kept track this time around, and since my last fill-up, my little Suzy got an average of 29.64 miles to the gallon. GO SUZY!

I named my bike Lily. For absolutely no reason. She's a blueish green, and doesn't even look particularly feminine. But I looked at her and said "Lily." First thing that popped to my head... sometimes shit just goes down like that.

Speaking of names, how do you refer to yourself? My whole life, I've been Becca to my friends and Rebecca to my family, teachers, professors and bosses. But now, I always introduce myself as Rebecca, so that's what most people I know in AZ call me. But I called a couple old friends from good-ole-Sandwich today, and I actually stuttered when I was saying who it was... "Hey! It's Rebe... Bec... Rebecca. Becca (last name)!" I didn't know my own name for a minute. It was weird.

And lastly, I know I already mentioned this once, but if you haven't checked out She & Him, Volume One.... DO IT NOW!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya BECCA!

Funny, I had already written my post on She & Him when I read your blog from yesterday.

You got me hooked!

Anonymous said...

(but I heard about it first from you a few weeks ago – great recommendation!!)

Katelin said...

Yeah I have definitely been Katelin to family and teachers and most friends, but the Kate's and Katie's are making there way in there too, it's interesting.

Bill said...

BeccaBecca!