[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Monday, March 17, 2008

[ march 17: books to read ]

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm barely Irish, so I don't have anything exciting planned... but I did wear green!

I'm linking to another list today, instead of copying it over here. It's actually two lists of the 100 Best Novels, posted at The Modern Library. One list was compiled by a board from The Modern Library, and the second was voted on by readers. From what I can tell, the list was compiled around 1998 / 1999. There's also a 100 Best Nonfiction list, if that's your thing.

I've always wanted to have a list of great books that I need to read available to me, so I was wicked stoked when I came across this one. I have read a handful of them, but there's still quite a chunk that I haven't read yet. Good list to chip away at!

So here it is: The 100 Best Novels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The classics never seem to pull me in. And something about those sorts of lists just overwhelm me. It's like I feel guilty when I don't like a classic, like there must be something wrong with me, ya know?

Speaking of books...there's a giveaway over here [http://www.constantchatter.com/2008/03/17/giveaway-a-chance-to-win-two-books/428]

Chickenbells said...

Well...I've read 6! I can't say that they were the best books I'VE ever read either...

Geggie said...

I'm here via mylablog! Congrats on the E award!

I was reading and noticed you live in downtown Phoenix. I just moved to VA from CenPho, I miss it!

I'll be back to visit more.