[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

[ march 04: books i'm currently reading ]

I've always been a big reader. I'm the first to admit that I'm a huge dork, and would usually prefer reading a good book to going out. I've usually got a couple books going at one time, and now is no exception!

So, without further delay, here are the books I'm reading right now:

  • One for the Money, by Janet Evanovich: My friend Kelly told me about Janet Evanovich, and said that her books were a quick read, and completely hilarious. And so far, she was right! This book has had me laughing out loud several times. Her series of books focus on Stephanie Plum, a novice bounty hunter living in Trenton. It's really fun.
  • East of Eden, by John Steinbeck: I loved Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath, so when I saw this book on sale for practically nothing, I snapped it up right away. I'm only about a dozen pages in, but so far, I'm liking it a lot. I'm sure it will be another Steinbeck masterpiece.
  • Harry Potter e Il Principe Mezzosangue, by JK Rowling: I'm slowly working my way through the Italian translations of the Harry Potter books. I was on the fifth book, but the stupid Post Office lost it, so I had to skip ahead to the sixth. It's good stuff, and makes me feel like I know Italian better than I actually do.
  • Purple Cow, Transform Your Business By Being Remarkable, by Seth Godin: This is the March selection for the LWL AZ Read to Succeed Book Club. It's all about different ways to make your business stand out from others like it. Good read, so far.
  • Attracting Perfect Customers, The Power of Strategic Synchronicity, by Stacey Hall & Jan Brogniez: This was February's selection for the LWL book club, but I didn't finish it in time for the meeting. But it's a great book, so I'm sticking with it. It's about not wasting time on clients who are just going to stress you out, because there are clients out there who are perfect for you.
  • Women & Money, Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny, by Suze Orman: I desperately need to learn more about finances, and I desperately need to have more control over my financial destiny, so I picked this up a couple weeks ago. So far, so good!
  • The Moment It Clicks, by Joe McNally: My boss actually gave me this book about a week ago. It's a collection of Joe McNally's photographs (he's one of the greatest photographers in the world), and they're put up next to his tips on how he got those shots. It's an incredibly interesting read, especially if you're a photo geek like me.
I love books! And I'm genuinely loving each and every book I'm reading right now! One of my biggest goals in life is to have a reading room / library in my home, jam-packed with all my favorite books.

What are you reading? What are your favorite books?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First - your LWL group has book suggestions? How cool! How do you guys network locally? We have a private yahoo group. Do you visit the actual LWL site much?

Second - books!! Man I love to read and have been on a bit of a biz books trend lately.

* The Savy Gals Guide to Online Networking
* The IT Girls Guide to Blogging with Moxie
* I'm currently working on - WOrdpress for Dummies
* I have two books I'm waiting on from Amazon - the newest Mike Gerber (the eMyth guy) and I"m on LinkedIn, Now What?

Casually, I just finished the latest Sophia Kinsella - Remember Me? and Jun Q'Anil by Jessica Nagler (a spiritual journey book similar to Eat, Pray, Love that I'll be giving away on my site)

Katelin said...

Wow I can't believe how many books you are reading at once, I could never do that. I just finished reading "Wicked" and I hope to start up "A Thousand Splendid Suns" next. I can't wait.