[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, August 24, 2007

[ the palm trees swaying in the wind ]

Oh Friday. How I love when it's Friday. Especially now that I work from home on Fridays.

[ I can see a little rabbit jumping around in the grass outside our apartment. ]

I haven't written in a while, but honestly, there isn't much to write about. Life is just work right now. I just work my butt off all week, and then on weekends, Jesse & I basically collapse into a comfortable laziness. It's bad.

We still haven't explored really, or made friends or anything. But! We're taking steps to rectify that situation. I found out about this website called Meetup, and it's website with a bunch of groups on it from different cities. There are groups for just about anything you can think about: books, hiking, yoga, running, different languages, different sports teams.

Anyway, I signed up for it, and am now in two different Meetup groups. One is called Ladies Who Launch, and they have these meetings once a month for newcomers. It's a group for young women who want to start their own business or who want to grow the business they currently have, but aren't sure where to get started. I thought, PERFECT! I've been totally overwhelmed lately with thinking about how to really start FiveGoodGoats Photography & Design and Ampersander Creations. I've been asking Stuart for some advice, and he's been helping me get my thoughts organized, but, wow. So much to think about. Pricing, printers, equipment, clients. Holy moly. It's so much. But I want it, so I'm going to have to figure it out. Hopefully this Ladies Who Launch thing will help me out, and introduce me to some cool people. The meeting I'm going to is in the beginning of October.

The other one, really Jesse & I are signed up for it together, although it's technically just me. It's a group for 20- & 30-somethings who just want to meet new people, makes friends, and have a good time. So we're signed up for that group, and for our first official event! We're going to this bar called the Sandbar in Paradise Valley next Friday. I'm really excited, because the group seems to do a lot of cool stuff, and have a lot of fun. Past events have included hikes, barbecues, parties, seeing shows. Cool stuff.

Well, I certainly wrote a lot for not having much to write about. Now I gotta get to work. Editing, editing, editing.


[ almost lover | a fine frenzy ]

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Oh fun...what a great site! I'll have to go look at it. Even though I've lived here forever, it's always fun to make more friends...

And, I'm totally LOVING the little Mac. I basically talked myself out of the larger one by getting the black one instead...but, I can see myself upgrading to that one someday...for now, I'm getting my Mac legs under me...tee-hee!