[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, June 13, 2008

[ one whole year ]

Today is my one-year blog-o-versary!

One year ago today, I started this sucker. We've had good times and bad together. Sometimes I have neglected it. Sometimes it's felt like my best friend.

Let's see... how has my life changed since starting this blog:

+ I moved across the country
+ I planted the seeds of starting my own business
+ My longest romantic relationship to date ended
+ I visited the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas for the first time
+ I took large strides towards making friends in a new place
+ I lived in two different, but equally awesome, apartments

I'd say that overall it's been a pretty good year. It was my twenty-third year of life; my first year on my own; my first year being away from my college friends; my first year as a college graduate; my first year as a real adult; my fifth year knowing that photography is what I want to do with the rest of my life; my fourth year of not calling Sandwich home; my first year of not worrying about exams and tests and due dates; my third year of being a twenty-something.

It's pretty fitting that I started this blog just three days after my birthday. With every year that I get older, this blog will be another year older too.

I wonder what this year will bring for me. I've officially started living my twenty-fourth year of life. Is it right to say it's my twenty-fourth year of life, when my age is twenty-three? I've been alive for twenty-three years, as of three days ago, so now I'm starting the twenty-fourth year, right? I'm going with it.

Anyone else's blog-o-versary coming up? How long have you been blogging? What's changed in your life since you started?

4 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary! Oh and belated Happy Birthday! I started blogging at the end of this January, co-incidentaly about a week before my BD.
Have a great weekend!

Chickenbells said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary! Let's see...I have been blogging for more than 2 years now, and have had too many changes in my life to list here (which is probably why I blog...lol!)

Katelin said...

congrats on the blogoversary! here's so many more years of blogging fabulousness :)

EP said...

Congrats for keeping this going for one year! It's amazing how quickly things can change in a given period of time, and I cannot wait to see what has happened when my blog-o-versary rolls around in February!