[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

[ happy april ]

Happy April!

I know, I know. You're thinking, "Wait!?! A real post from Rebecca?!? No freakin' way!"

It has indeed been a while since I have posted something that wasn't a list. I have been unmotivated. It has been pathetic. I've had plenty of time to post, I just haven't wanted to.

However... now I am busy.

I am currently the type of busy where the only way to survive is to be insanely productive. I am the type of busy that I love and crave and seriously can't live without. I am busy with work stuff, fun stuff, volunteer stuff.

I am busy.

I'm the fruit loop who hates having nothing to do. I was the weird kid in grade school who hated summer vacation because after a week of hanging out and doing nothing, I was bored. I was the kid who played on four soccer teams at once, just to have something to do. I was the high schooler who got up early to do some extra homework, went to school for the day, read during lunch, stayed after school until 5 o'clock to help with the theatre company's production of South Pacific, raced home to change into practice clothes, drove 45 minutes for a 2 hour soccer practice, drove 45 minutes home and then did homework until midnight.

And I'm the kid who loved that.

I like having stuff to do. I am insanely productive when I have an insane amount of things going on. I am at my best when I have too much happening. I am happiest when I'm running to and from things. I am blissful when I don't have time to watch television. I am ecstatic when I have to spend all my time doing something.

And now I am busy. I am happier than I've been in a while.

Simply because I'm busy!

And you, my dears, have the following posts to look forward to (I guess I'm still in list mode!):

  1. My new decision on what the most romantic part of a movie is
  2. My mother's insane jewelry making skills
  3. My first-ever visit to the Grand Canyon
  4. My new soccer team
  5. My insane LWL meeting on Monday night
  6. My first-ever blog award (which I'm so excited about!)
  7. The Phoenix Film Festival, at which I'm volunteering this weekend
And probably more that I can't think of right now, or which haven't happened yet!

Now I've got to do some work, before I head back to work! (I love this!)

PS: If you haven't already, check out She & Him! AMAZING!

3 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I'm the same way...I seem to be able to focus better when I'm really pressed for time...it's only then that I make every second count!

Bill said...

Beccabecca!

I am too a fan of She and Him. I love Zooey Deschanel (both in film and song)and M. Ward's always great too.

Glad you're keeping busy. Hope to talk again soon!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I miss you.

And I'm really glad you are so happy : )

Looking forward to those posts!