[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

[ march 29: movies i've watched too many times ]

So, I love movies. I really do. It's a weakness of mine, up there close to my weakness for music. I just love movies. I like most types of movies; pretty much everything except for horror films. I'm not a huge sci-fi enjoyer, but I don't hate it either. And I'm slightly embarrassed to say that not many of the movies on this list of films I've seen more times than I probably should have are really that good. Most of them fall more in the category of so-bad-they're-good. I love them, and own them all!

  1. The Princess Bride: As my all-time favorite movie, of course this one is on the list. Can't get enough of it. I can quote a lot of it from memory, and when watching it, can come close to reciting it verbatim.
  2. National Treasure: What can I say... I love Riley! This movie just cracks me up, and is so much fun. I totally loved the second one too... "Oh no, God save the Queen!"
  3. The Transporter: So incredibly falls in the category of so-bad-it's-good. Completely and utterly ridiculous. It has some very fun music, and is just so fun to watch.
  4. Gone in Sixty Seconds: Another Nicolas Cage movie, which is kind of funny, because I don't necessarily like him as an actor. This movie is just great though... I love the cars and the characters... the cast is great!
  5. Super Troopers: I was introduced to this movie at the very end of high school, was told that I wouldn't like it unless I was high, refused to get high to watch it, and absolutely thought it was hysterical. It is one of my favorite movies, if only because it never gets not-entertaining.
  6. Spaceballs: Just flat-out funny. Cracks me up every time I watch it. I particularly like when they comb the desert.
  7. Robin Hood Men in Tights: Again, just hysterical. Love the dancing, love the singing, love all the innuendos. LOVE when Patrick Stewart shows up as King.
And two movies that are climbing the list, considering I've watched them both several times in only two weeks (and these are actually great films!):
  1. Across the Universe: If you haven't seen this, you are completely insane. It has rocketed into my top two favorite movies, second only to The Princess Bride. It's just so visually interesting and stimulating; the musical arrangements and the singing are amazing; the acting is great. I just freaking love it. Yay for the Beatles bringing us so much fantastic music that such a great movie was able to be crafted from it. It makes me want to flesh out my Beatles music collection.
  2. Stardust: It's just fun. It's a fun and interesting story; it's got some great actors in it (Ian McKellan narrates at the beginning and end; Peter O'Toole has a few minutes of amazingness as the King; Michelle Pfeiffer plays a crazy, scary witch; Claire Danes is the Star; and Robert De Niro plays an incredibly flamboyant pirate named Captain Shakespeare).
What movies have you watched a squillion times? Any you're slightly embarrassed to admit?

[ postdated because i was out of town! more on that soon! ]

No comments: