[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

[ march 25: cameras i own ]

One of the things I collect is cameras. I have some that I use regularly, some that I use for fun, and a few that I just own because they're beautiful!

  1. Canon Digital Rebel XTi: Probably my most-used camera. It's a great digital SLR, and I love it!
  2. Nikon N55: My old film SLR. Yes, I still use it occasionally. There's something about film cameras that I still love.
  3. Canon Powershot: The camera that's with me most of the time. Small enough to fit in my purse; awesome enough that I love using it.
  4. Oktomat: This amazing camera shoots eight frames on each negative. So cool.
  5. Holga: A classic film camera. It's amazing. It shoots medium format film, and the light leaks are so interesting.
  6. Fisheye: Gotta love a fun camera. Another fun film camera... you get sweet rounded images from it.
  7. Supersampler: Another cool film camera. It shoots four long, narrow frames on each negative. You can make people look really really tall!
  8. Kodak Brownie: My grandfather found an old Kodak brownie in their basement, and gave it to me a few years ago. I'm not sure if it still works, but hopefully I'll find out soon.
  9. Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 103: An awesome vintage camera, that has bellows when you open it and everything. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but I still love it. I got it at an estate sale in Connecticut for $5. Score!
  10. Polaroid Land Camera Model J66: I recently got this camera at an antique store close to me. I haven't been able to test it out yet, but it's in great condition, so I'm really hoping it works.
  11. Kodak Brownie Bullet: A teeny tiny old brownie. It's freaking adorable. I haven't gotten a chance to test this one out either. From what I can tell, the shutter sticks a bit, but I'm pretty sure that's not too difficult to fix. Hopefully!
I love love love cameras. Amazing things, they are.

1 comment:

Katelin said...

wow, i'm impressed, that's a lot of cameras.