[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, March 7, 2008

[ march 07: things i just don't get ]

There are some things in the world, that I simply can't seem to grasp. So here are some things that I just don't get.

The Purpose of Delegates & Superdelegates.
I just don't get it. I've looked it up online; I've asked people to explain it to me; I've tried to pay attention to the news. What the hell do they do? Are their votes more important or count for more than regular people? Why are superdelegates going to decide if it's Hillary or Barack? Someone save me from not understanding this.

One Tree Hill.
How the HELL is this show still on?!? First of all, when it first came out, no one talked above a whisper. It was freaking misty-voice land! Even when the person was angry, it still came out all misty and wispy and blah. I decided to give it another chance earlier this week, and I wanted to shoot myself in the face. At the end of the last season, they graduated from high school. And instead of going to college (and shooting themselves in the foot like almost every high school drama... Saved by the Bell, The OC, etc), they jumped ahead four years, and are still shooting themselves in the foot. The dialogue is inane, the characters are stupid, and they still all talk in a whisper. How is this still on, but Gilmore Girls was canceled? How? HOW?!?

The Fascination with Britney's Downfall.
Yes, the girl is an absolute train wreck. And yes, at first, I admit that even I was curious. But now, I just want the world to leave the poor girl alone. Sure, she's been a sucky mother, and an absolute loon. But in the end, she's a human being who desperately needs help, and instead is being taunted, ridiculed, poked at and prodded. There's a new show on her plea for help or twisted downfall or the fact that she's a fallen princess practically every week. Freaking paparazzi (those rat bastards... don't even get me started on that... way to give the beautiful art of photography a horrible, horrible name) taunt her and seriously try harder to make things worse. Do people not grasp that they're making everything worse? Just leave her alone. Do us all a favor, and back the hell off.

Will Ferrell.
Okay, before I get shot over this, let me explain. I enjoy him immensely in small parts. I thought he was hysterical in Wedding Crashers; his small parts in Starsky & Hutch and Old School were great; he was awesome in Zoolander and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. But GOOD LORD do I hate him in a major role. All his major stuff makes me want to poke my eyes out after about fifteen minutes. Elf, Anchorman, Bewitched, Blades of Glory. Hate them all.

The LOLcats.
How did that get so popular? How did that even start? They freaking creep me out before they make me laugh. Some of the ones of the cute cats, I get. But have you seen the freaky ones that people manipulate the actual cat?!? Jeeeeez, talk about the stuff of nightmares. And it always takes me like five minutes to figure out what the hell the words are supposed to say. Ugh. Don't like 'em.

I just don't get it. Don't at all.

What do you just simply not understand?

3 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Low rise jeans...they DO NOT look good on most people. I don't want to see everyone's extra skin thank you very much...

Andrea said...

The appeal of most modern romantic comedies. Don't get me wrong, I love the old stuff, but when you're just mixing up the names and faces and keeping the same plots, its time to call it a day.

Scott Zero said...

For the superdelegates question:

They are important people in the democratic party, who are rewarded for their work in strengthening it by getting more of a say in the primary/caucus process. The system wasn't made so they would be able to make the final decision, and there has been some embarrassment in the party since it seems that they will be the ones to do so this time. Because of this, it is thought that a great number of them will vote according to the majority will of the voters when it comes down to it, in order to make sure that they party doesn't fall apart under criticism of unfairness and non-democratic policy.