[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, February 15, 2008

[ valentines ]

Irony of ironies.

I spent Valentine's Day with Jesse. Yep. A not-date with my ex-boyfriend.

At the beginning of the week, we decided to make plans to have dinner and hang out one night this week. We picked Thursday because we had hung out on Sunday so Monday was too soon, he goes rock climbing on Tuesday, and plays softball on Wednesday. So Thursday it was.

Neither of us realized it was Valentine's Day until Wednesday. Well, I probably wouldn't have noticed until Thursday, but Jesse called Wednesday night and said that he just realized that Thursday was V-Day. He wanted to make sure I still wanted to hang out. I decided what the hell... it just won't be a holiday for us.

So we had dinner, and it was totally fine. A little awkward at first, because it was kind of hard to forget that it was Valentine's and we were no longer together. But then we both relaxed and had a good time. He attempted to explain the purpose of delegates (I still don't get it... can anyone out there explain it to me??) and the differences between a primary and a caucus (still don't really get that either), and then we watched Transformers. A good, non-romantic movie.

Overall, a fun night.

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh...I loved Transformers.

Well, I think it's wonderful that the two of you are still hanging out...although, it would have been awkward on V-Day, which is really kind of silly...seeing as it's just really another day...

Katelin said...

Quite the non-date Valentine's indeed, haha. Glad you had a good time :)