[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

[ birth month traits ]

I'm currently sitting in my apartment, surrounded by bags of books (I've uttered the phrase "I read too much" A LOT the past couple of days... lugging big bags of books is not fun!), empty and full HUGE cardboard boxes (from my new IKEA furniture... pictures to come when this place isn't such a sty), and other random shit that doesn't have a home yet. I'm totally and completely hijacking someone else's internet, while I wait for mine to be turned on today, "sometime before 7pm," as the man from Cox said. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the grocery store and buy some food (because right now I have Mac & Cheese, pasta, Special K, oreos... and nothing else), finish building my IKEA furniture and try to clear out the cardboard that has taken over my apartment, go to Home Depot and pick out paint colors, or go back to IKEA (for the third time in a week) and get more storage solutions and other accessories. I'm going to do all of that (hopefully today), but can't decide what to do first.

So instead, I'm perusing 20-somethings members' pages and blogs, and finding fun things to post. For example: (I have since closed the page where I found this, and I only copy/pasted part of it. Sue me.)

You're supposed to find your birth month and say which of the traits apply to you. If I find the whole post again, I'll post a link. Here's my month:

JUNE:

Thinks far with vision: I'd like to think so. I'm working on expanding my visions for my photography business.
Easily influenced by kindness: I think most people are. When other people are nice to you, it's easier to be influenced by them. Although, I'd like to think I'm not easily influenced.
Polite and soft-spoken: Umm.. polite, yeah. Soft-spoken... no way in hell. I'm freaking loud.
Having ideas: Yes, yes.
Sensitive: I guess.
Active mind: Most definitely.
Hesitating, tends to delay: If that's the same thing as thinking things out a lot, then yes.
Choosy and always wants the best: I suppose. I know what I like and what I want.
Temperamental: I wish I wasn't, but I definitely am. I'd like to think that as I've gotten older, my ridiculous temper has calmed down, but I know I still am temperamental.
Funny and humorous: Most of my friends definitely would agree with this one!
Loves to joke: Yes, yes. Sometimes too much. Although I'm not really a fan of practical jokes. I think they're kind of mean.
Good debating skills: No idea. If you replacing "debating" with "fighting/arguing" then probably yes. I'm too hotheaded to debate, I think.
Talkative: Most definitely.
Daydreamer: Yep.
Friendly: I am indeed! Be my friend!
Knows how to make friends: I'd like to think so, however I've been having trouble making friends since I moved out West. But it's getting better!
Able to show character: I guess so. Does this mean showing your personality well?
Easily hurt: Ummm... I'm not really sure. I think I'm lucky in that I haven't been horribly hurt by a lot of people. I've had the best friend who bailed on me and picked the boyfriend over me, which sucked A LOT. Of course I've been dumped and hurt that way... but I don't think being hurt in general happens a lot to me, which is good.
Prone to getting colds: I'm actually quite healthy, and rarely get sick, but when I get sick... I get SICK. I once had strep throat for like a month and a half. In college, I had a mysterious illness for pretty much an entire semester (I only ever went to the campus health center because I hate going to the doctor... and if you aren't pregnant or don't have strep, they don't really know how to deal with you). I dropped a bunch of weight, was never hungry, and was completely and totally exhausted. It wasn't mono or lyme disease (got tested for both). I'm just a weirdo.
Loves to dress up: Not so much.
Easily bored: Definitely. My family would always joke that that's why I never really had longterm boyfriends. I would get bored in about a month (3 months was the record until J came around), and break-up with them. In general, I always am looking for new things to keep myself from being bored. I'm the weirdo who was ready to go back to school after about a week of summer break, just because I would be bored to tears.
Fussy: I equate fussiness with infants, so I'm going to say no.
Seldom shows emotions: I show happy emotions all the time. It's the sad ones that I definitely hide.
Takes time to recover when hurt: Holy moly yes.
Brand conscious: Not really. I love my Dove soap & shampoo, and I'm obsessed with Apple, but the brand loyalty pretty much ends there.
Executive: I try to be.
Stubborn: Oh good lord yes. I'm definitely one of the most stubborn people I know, and I'm sure most of my friends would agree.

Now... I must go do something productive. I think I'll work on furniture for a while, and then go grocery shopping. Laterrrrrr.

5 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh, today was a errand kind of day for me...lot's of grocery shopping, and running about...I hope to sit here and relax for a bit before the snowstorm comes in this evening...

I hope all is well in your new space, and comes together easily! I can't wait to see pictures...

Sunny said...

I very much feel your pain on the books - I've finally figured out that it is better to have many small boxes of books than a few large boxes that no one can pick up without severely injuring themselves. It took me far too long to discover this! Good luck with all the erranding and let us know what paint colors you choose! (Shameless curiousity, I love decorating!)

Anonymous said...

I've been running around all sorts of crazy like, so I can definitely relate to messes and needing breaks. We have too many books in our home too. And to think, each move I make I get rid of a bunch of books and there's still TOO much. I'm trying to use the library more.

And good for you for settling right in. I hope building the Ikea stuff isn't driving you crazy (I need real directions, not cartoons and usually get so frustrated when I can't get things to work right). But it does sound like the moving it is working out just fine. Yay!

Silly question...on your last LWL day, did you guys exchange gifts? I'm just wondering if that was something our leader was into. It was fun though, either way.

Jamie Lovely said...

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

This was interesting. I googled birth month traits and the thing with all the months came up on someones blog. I think I'm going to steal this from you!

Katelin said...

Oh I love that month trait thing, I'd love to see what April says. :)