[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

[ the many skies of arizona ]

Arizona has the best skies ever. (Says the broken record). Here are some shots from various drives to and from work over the past couple weeks.

Fabulously colorful sunset:


Misty mountains in the distance in the morning:


Yet another insanely colorful sunset:


The absolutely bizarre fog from this morning:


This was the type of fog that completely surrounds you and makes you feel like the only person in the world. The whole time I was driving in it, I was thinking about the big battle scene in the movie King Arthur. When the magical misty fog rolls in and Arthur and his five or six horsemen manage to defeat hundreds and hundreds of people because they can't see where they are. And then the people completely painted in blue shoot arrows.

That was the insane image running through my mind. It was early. And I hadn't had any coffee yet.

Happy Wednesday :)

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

oh, I love the fog...sans men with arrows...unless, they're very good looking men (see? And I've HAD my coffee!)

Sunny said...

I love sunsets and fog. I'm a few days late, but your pictures perked my morning right up. (I woke late and had no tea - it's been a long morning already!) We had fog the past couple mornings as well, but it made me think of that poem about the faery world coming to steal away the sick little boy. So that wasn't creepy at all. Caffeine is apparently essential in the fog. :)