[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Monday, December 3, 2007

[ chrismukkah decorations ]

Yesterday, Jesse & I got a Chrismukkah cactus and some fun decorations for the apartment. The cactus is actually a Madagascar Palm, so it's kinda part-cactus, part-palm tree. It's very cute, maybe two feet high. I absolutely love it! And I had a blast decorating the living room!

Here are some (probably too many) shots of the living room, decked out in Chrismukkah glory!


Our "mantle," which is actually just a cleared off bookshelf in the built-in. But it works for me! In the bottom section, you can see the awesome Christmas card Sadira sent! Also, please note our 99-cent-store stockings and the boozing penguin candles I bought for Jesse last year!


Jesse's menorah from Israel. The candles are from Target, and are very colorful. Hanukkah starts tomorrow!


One of six penguin candles I bought for Jesse last year. If you look closely, you can see that this one, while rocking a red top hat, is also holding a martini shaker! Also, check out our awesome golden garland and colorful ball ornaments, all of which are from Target.


The Chrismukkah Cactus! It's so cute, and I'm so excited. Again, please note the 99-cent-store twinkle lights, and a lot more Target ornaments.


Almost the exact same shot. I couldn't decide which one I liked better.


A better view of both the scary spikes, and the pretty ornaments: red and blue garlands, covered in many, many globe ornaments.


The Chrismukkah Cactus, again.


The whole deal. I wrapped the table that the Chrismukkah Cactus is sitting on with lights too. We're going to put our presents under it, and it'll almost be like having presents under a tree!


The Happy Hanukkah sign that Jesse has had for three or four years. It used to have three P's in Happy, but I (finally) removed the extra P. No one noticed for the first two years that there was an extra one! Whoops!


And, cheesy as always, Jesse & I in front of the "mantle."


Happy Holidays!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good!!

Chickenbells said...

You Guys!! The place looks so amazingly colorful and sparkly!! I love it...

Sunny said...

Aw, I love Christmas decorating! I already have my little tree out and everything. The cactus is so cute! And glittery. :)

ML said...

That is the cutest cactus I have EVER seen!

Dan said...

Very creative us of a Madagascar palm!