[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

[ fried snickers bar ]

This morning, Jesse & I ran a bunch of errands, and thennnnnnnnnn

We went to the State Fair! It was a lot of fun. I haven't been to a fair in ages. The only ride we went on was the Ferris Wheel, but we made it count by going on the biggest one they had... it was called El Grande Wheel. Awesome. Yeah, the AZ State Fair has FOUR Ferris Wheels!!! Insane. We played a couple games, but mostly walked around, enjoying the sites, and having fair food.

We had funnel cake, Jesse had ice cream, I had a root beer float.

And.

I tried a Fried Snickers Bar. I don't usually eat fried food, and this was a good reminder as to why, because about four bites in, and I started to feel sick. But I tried it. It was an experience I felt I needed to have. Good times. Pictures to come!



TIATF:

The joy of children, and the ease with which they are made happy.

I won a little Spiderman stuffed toy at a game (the popping the balloons game, which I don't know why I picked that one to play, seeing as I hate balloons). And on the shuttle ride back to our car, I had taken it out and was jokingly hitting Jesse with it. And this little boy, maybe eight-years-old, was sitting near us, just completely transfixed with the Spiderman. I noticed he had gotten one of the Venom stuffed toys, so when we were about to get off the bus, I held it out to him and asked if he wanted it. Because really, he'll appreciate a stuffed Spiderman way more than I will. I can't remember the last time I've seen a little kid so happy. His dad thanked us profusely, and said that we probably made his century. Yay! It made me happy to make him SO happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

TIATF -

That my daughter is such a wonderful person :) Love Mummay

Chickenbells said...

That is so very sweet of you...that child will remember that for the rest of their lives! I haven't been to the state fair in years...I went and saw Howard Jones when I was in high school (it was an amazing concert!) I can't eat any of the fair food, which is sad because it's the home of things on a stick...damn food allergies.