[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, September 7, 2007

[ labor day vaca ]

Well, I'm a little late, but here's the report on Labor Day weekend.

Jesse and I literally had to travel allllll day to get to Raleigh: our flight took off at 8:45 am and landed at around 4:00 pm. Crazy crazy. But we finally got there. My mom and dad were at the airport, and it was really good to see them. They were so excited to see both of us (especially since my dad knew Jesse wanted to watch Lord of the Rings on the big screen). We went home, and ate AMAZING salmon and black eyed peas and salad. My mom is such a better cook than we are. Then, my dad, Jesse and I watched LOTR on the big screen. My dad was thrilled (my mother hates those movies).

On Sunday, Jesse and I went over to my sister's house to see the new decorating they did (mostly paint, some rearranging, some new furniture), and to meet their cat, Abby. Then we went back to my parents house and hung out until Kelly and Aaron got there from South Carolina. Yay! We went to get Moe's for lunch (my favorite Mexican place back east), and then just hung out for the rest of the day. My mom, Sarah, Kelly & I went to Vanity, a jewelry store that I always get coupons for, but am never in town to use them. Jason, Aaron, Jesse and my dad played pool. That night we went out for dinner at a really yummy restaurant, but I can't remember what it's called. They had really good food though, and not too expensive.

Monday, we just hung out, because Jesse and I had to head to the airport for a 4:00 pm flight. We did go out to lunch at this little Asian place, where we took the following, gloriously cheesy picture:


After that, we went back to the house, packed, and left. It was really good to see everyone, and I know my mom was really excited that I came home, because now the next time we'll see each other is Christmas (when we're going to VEGAS! WOOT!). Good times, good times.

Since then, I've just been working. We're crazy busy at Stuart's, and I have a crapload of work to do for Brenda today and tomorrow. But! Jesse and I are going to First Friday tonight, and we might be going swing dancing with Stuart and Katie tomorrow night. And I'm going to hopefully be buying some fun stuff to work on decorating our apartment to make it more us, not so Ikea.

Until we meet again......

No comments: