[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

[ i am, in fact, still around ]

It has been a whiiile. I don't really know why I haven't posted in over a week. Call it laziness. Call it lack of things to post about.

Here's a quick overview of what I've been up to over the past week or so: work, relax, work, sleep, eat. You know, the typical, boring day-to-day life.

I did start my pilates class... Wednesday nights for eight weeks. It's pretty hard, but I'm enjoying it. The other people in the class are all ages, and are nice to talk to.

Other than work, and sometimes including work, I've had very very little motivation to do anything. And that's annoying the crap out of me. There are so many things I could be doing, so many things I could be learning, books I could be reading, photographs I could be taking, things I could be making.

My lack of motivation and interest in doing stuff is pissing me off. I've been getting out of bed way later than I would like, so I then have to rush to get ready. Mondays and Fridays, I've been delaying starting work, so I always have to work later than I'd like in order to get everything done. And after five full days of looking at the computer, I have absolutely no desire to keep looking at it to work on my website (which I have fully planned, and almost all the images ready, I just haven't sat down and put it together), or put together promo work for me. There was a family in front of me at the bank the other day that I could have easily given a promo card to, but of course, I've yet to make them.

I've become lazy. And I hate it. I hate that part of myself that gives in to the temptation to just sit on the couch and watch television.

I look at all these blogs and websites of other people doing what I want to do: creating, exploring, living life to it's fullest. And it makes me angry that I can't seem to find the energy or desire to do that myself.

I need something or someone to light a fire under my ass.

Takers?

2 comments:

Ro said...

I can help!
We might be across the world from each other, but here's some attempt:
You are AMAZING at what you do. Your pictures and ability floor me. I love to see what you have to offer, and I know that many more [artsy] people will probably appreciate you even more.
It's easy to get lazy, especially when you don't necessarily have concrete deadlines other than the ones you make yourself and can fudge over if you want. Here in SL, there's SO much to be done, but no one really feels like getting the ball rolling, and I feel like I could get dragged down with that, too.
Know what I mean. You'll get it. I have faith. And plus, I wanna see that website!

Light that fire!

:)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.