[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

[ on ladylike behavior ]

How in the hell do you ride a bicycle in a dress? A sundress, that's kind of flowy, and comes down right to your knees?

How do you ride a bike without flashing the world your underwear?

I've adopted the riding with one hand on the handlebars, one hand holding down the skirt approach.

Do you just say screw it and walk? Do you just say screw it and throw on a pair of shorts underneath the dress?

Although, I suppose saying "screw it" wouldn't be very ladylike either...

5 comments:

Katelin said...

I say screw it and just make sure you're wearing some cute underwear, haha.

Unknown said...

how about some soccer shorts under the dress :)

nicole antoinette said...

This is off topic (but only slightly!):

I cannot ride a bike. I used to be able to, but yes, I forgot how. One day a few years back I tried it and literally COULDN'T DO IT.

I guess that "it's just like riding a bike" saying is false. :)

Sue said...

I take a hair tie and do it up 80s style so that I can make a little bun on either side with the extra fabric, which also helps to keep the rest of the skirt or dress against my legs and less likely to result in a free show... not that a free show is a huge deal, but I LOVE biking everywhere, and I have many a skirt with a small hole or tear along the bottom from getting caught!

EP said...

Oh, wow. I hadn't ever thought of that. ... I would probably just say 'screw it' and walk because I'm lazy like that.

I also like how Barbara suggested soccer shorts under the dress. THAT is a good idea...