[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

[ dangerous occupation ]

Anyone who thinks being a wedding photographer isn't dangerous, listen up:

This weekend, I second-shot at a wedding with my boss. For the first ten or fifteen minutes of the ceremony, I shot from on top of the roof of the resort.

On top of the roof, people.

And to get on said roof, there wasn't a staircase or a ladder or anything. Nope.

That would be easy.

I had to duck through a couple overgrown trees, and hop across a small gap onto the roof.

And every single step I took made the roof make scary noises.

And the roof was of course, not flat, but sloped. So my worth-shit-absolutely-horrendous-balance had to actually work for me. Luckily, I only almost-fell once. Maybe twice.

And of course, my boss got a total kick out of me being up there, and snapped a few photographs of me. In at least one, I look absolutely terrified.

Photographic proof coming once I gank the pics from work.

3 comments:

EP said...

I DEFINITELY agree! Photography lends itself to things like this. And, if it's any consolation, I think I might be climbing the bell tower of a church that is being worked on in town today for some wild art for the newspaper. And I'm kind of terrified of heights...

Kudos to you for being so brave! Did you get some good shots?

Katelin said...

oh man i would be so scared to be on a roof, haha. but i guess you gotta do, what you gotta do for great photos.

Jamie Lovely said...

That's scary! You are far more brave than I!