[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

[ and the world spins madly on ]

Ok, so I both love and loathe Target. Love it because, um, hi... it's Target. Loathe it because it's one of those stores that you go in for toothpaste and you come out with a new wardrobe, new books, some home accessories, but no toothpaste.

I went to Target for some work clothes. I found one cute outfit for work, and a nice casual top. And then I went for a swing around the rest of the store, because that's what you do in Target.

And I walked out with SEVEN movies. SEVEN! That's so bad.

However, I spent a grand total of $52.16 on those seven movies. That's only $7.45 a piece!!!

Which movies, do you ask?


I freakin' heart this movie. I just think it's incredibly cute. Very funny, great music, fun cast. Lauren Graham is in it, and she's one of my favorite actresses (if only because I want to be Lorelai Gilmore when I grow up). Diane Keaton is a freakin' riot in this... just so over-the-top overbearing.


I'm trying to slowly but surely grow a collection of classic movies and classic books. My movie collection of classics is actually nonexistent, except as an idea in my head. So when I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's for $6.50 (!!!!) into the cart it went! I watched it last night for the first time in forrrrrever, and fell in love all over again. All I can say is, Audrey Hepburn is so amazing, that it can't be put into words.



I'm also a ridiculous fan of 80s movies, and have a small collection of my favorites from that time (The Goonies, The Princess Bride, Labyrinth [seriously... Bowie!] and Clue, so far). That explains why it was absolutely necessary to get Flashdance and Footloose. Classics! Some of the best soundtracks of the 80s. Plus, they came in a sweet two pack, for $9.44!!!


One of the cutest, funniest romantic comedies ever. Totally adored by pretty much every girl I know, plus a fair number of guys. Great movie.


Looooooooove it. This now has a place right next to Spaceballs. Hysterical.


Great movie that I had never even heard of until my friend Kelly came back from break at school with it, and said we all had to see it. I think we may have watched it about a dozen times in the months following! Really great movie... clever, fast-paced, amazing cast.


If this doesn't provide an excellent example of how random my taste in movies is, I don't know what will. Just wait until I describe my musical taste! Another post, for another day. I've got to grab a shower and some breakfast, so I can hit up the Junior League rummage sale, and then get ready for work!


[ images all found through google ]

1 comment:

Katelin said...

Oh I love Target so much and for mainly that reason. So many movies for such good prices, love it.