[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, November 16, 2007

[ photography secrets ]

So I'm watching 'The Shot' on VH1. And it's extremely interesting to a photographer who doesn't work in the fashion industry at all. And it reminded me of a website I found a while ago, about images taken of some celebrity women without makeup or retouching. The women still look beautiful, but then you read the descriptions of the images, and you see why they still look perfect.

Check it out: "Look Ma, No Photoshop."

And it's so true. I know that when I'm editing images, one way to instantly make someone look younger is to brighten the entire image. If the entire image is bright, blemishes and wrinkles fade. It's rather incredible.

Anyway, I hope you find this interesting. You too can take model-esque images of people, just by bumping up your exposure.


Also, I've been meaning to ask if anyone would appreciate small photography lessons here on the blog. I'd totally be up for compiling some tips and reviewing some basics for anyone who wanted them. Let me know!


TIATF:

Shows like The Shot. They are incredibly interesting to me. I love to watch shows like this and America's Next Top Model. The drama completely bores me and is annoying. But the behind the scenes of photo shoots is completely and totally fascinating. I love watching how shots are made, how amazing photos are made. Awesome.

No comments: