[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, November 23, 2007

[ the day after ]

Well, Thanksgiving was a definite success. Somehow, nine people managed to comfortably fit in our little apartment, and ate until we were stuffed. Good food, good people, good conversation. It was definitely a successful Thanksgiving. In case anyone is wondering what a group of vegetarians eat for a traditionally non-vegetarian holiday, here's a rundown of what we ate (and what Jesse & I will be eating for about another week!):

Poached salmon with dill sauce
Vegetable lasagna
Spinach pie (like spanikopita)
Steamed green beans
Roasted potatoes
Pumpkin and pecan pies
Applesauce bread

Now, before you go congratulating me for creating such an amazing feast, when before I've lamented about my lack of cooking skills, I should let you in on a little secret: Jesse's mother. She cooked everything, except for the applesauce bread (which is one of about ten things I know I can cook without fail!). She was so great... she and Jesse's dad came over the day before Thanksgiving, and while I did some work, she got EVERYTHING ready for the big day. I literally just had to show her where the various dishes and cookware were.

So, our successful Thanksgiving is most definitely thanks to her. So she is my TIATF today. I would have been completely lost and overwhelmed without her offer to handle the cooking. So thanks!

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

I LOVE spanikopita!!! I can't eat it anymore in good conscious because of the filo (darned allergies) but it is one of my favorites! It looks like a glorious meal...

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great veggie meal! I wish my in-laws would all welcome a little more culinary drama, but nope. We have to keep things as familiar or easily identifiable as possible (so I've finally learned after 5+ years)