[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

[ and so it commences... ]

Welcome to National-Blog-Posting-Month (NaBloPoMo). Thanks to Sadira for inviting me to play along! The deal is, you pledge to blog every-single-day of November. Uhhhh... crap. I usually have a week between posts.

I tried to think of a theme for the month, so it would propel me forward. Let me tell you, it was hard for me to think of something I could actually write about every-single-day for thirty days. I mean, I have passions, but, seriously, overkill city.

I wound up deciding to go kinda-sorta holiday themed. As in, since November is the month of Thanksgiving, the theme of my NaBloPoMo will be giving thanks. Things I'm thankful for. I'm sure I don't consciously think of things I'm thankful for often enough. I'm also sure I should think of things I'm thankful for more often.

So, although I'll continue posting about day-to-day life and random pictures and complete randomness, I will, every-single-day (I'm going to try so very hard!), at least post one thing that I am thankful for.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Monday, I went to the Ladies Who Launch Second Annual Launch Party. It was down in Tempe, at the Tempe Center for the Arts, which is an absolutely beautiful building, in a quite pretty location as well. I met a bunch of new people, and saw a few people I had met at the beginning of the month. It got me even more excited for my Incubator session in January. I really really can't wait. I was especially impressed (and flattered), that the leader of the sessions, Bevla, actually remembered my name and where we had met. She knows everyone, and actually can keep all of their names straight! That impresses me a lot, because I have trouble remembering people's names, especially if I've only met them once.

I got a whole bag of fun goodies: green cleaner (not even one little bitty toxin in there!), a bag of pasta from an Italian restaurant (which Jesse and I must now go too, I've been hearing great things), information about a bunch of different businesses, bright pink heart-shaped pasties (absolutely hysterical!), a little sample jar of lavendar orange shea butter (also a green product, and smells SO good!), coupons for various things, and a gratitude rock (part of the inspiration for my NaBloPoMo theme).

And the actual bag is made of that crazy indestructible fabric, which means Jesse and I have another grocery bag! Yay for making efforts at being green!

Different people got up and gave what LWL calls Elevator Pitches: you have thirty seconds to sell your business. I was glad I wasn't called to give one, because I have no idea what I would say. I should think about it!

And there were a bunch of raffles, and I actually won something! And in my opinion, it was the best thing to win!

I won hotel accommodations for two people, three days two nights, at any of twenty-six locations!!! It doesn't expire until the end of December 2008, so Jesse and I are going to save up our money for a year, and then go to one of the more fun places next winter! I'm thinking Aruba... or the Bahamas... or Cabo... or maybe St. Thomas!

So much fun!

This weekend, I have off from work, so Jesse and I have planned a fun-filled weekend of Phoenix adventures. I don't want to spoil future posts, so stay tuned!



Today I Am Thankful For (TIATF):

Ladies Who Launch. So inspirational, so motivational, so accepting, so supportive.

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Great start to the month long of posting my dear! Congratulations for winning such a lovely gift...a vacation will be well earned, specially in one of the fabulous places you've mentioned! Wahoo...see you back here tomorrow?!?!? ;)