[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Monday, October 22, 2007

[ again, with the sucking ]

I am a bad bad blogger as of late. I had better get my ass in gear, because NaBloPoMo is almost upon us. A whole month of posting every single day. I think I'll say my lack of posts recently is because I am saving up my posting-goodness for November. Which is a complete and utter lie.

Annnyway. Sister came this weekend! It was a good, good time. We did a little exploring, and a little hanging out. We ventured to the Scottsdale Fashion Square, and let me tell you... that place made me feel underdressed. We went because it has a GAP, unlike the mall near me, and I needed new dress pants for weddings. But this mall also has: Betsy Johnson, Louis Vuitton, GUCCI, etc. I have never ever seen stores like that in person before. I think I saw a Louis Vuitton in Paris, but c'mon... that's Paris. You expect things like that in Paris. I was not expecting it in Scottsdale! But now I know.

We ate lunch at the food court, and got Paradise Bakery. And I know that's not exciting, but I had to share this little tidbit: on my VEGETARIAN sandwich, which was called the Paradise Vegetarian.... there was a strip of bacon. Gross, man. I think someone else in the food court had ordered a BLT, and was stuck with an LT. Because I had the B. Nasty.

Saturday, we went to a farmer's market... well, what was advertised as a farmer's market. Right now, they don't have any produce. Well, they had a few stumpy, not-really-green cucumbers. But other than that, no produce. Right now, it's a pumpkin patch and corn maze. The woman said to me, "You should call us in November. That's when we get most of the produce." I wanted to say back, "Well, you might consider including that information on your website, as the reason I came here was for the produce!!"

I was ticked, but Jesse rescued my mood by getting me a pumpkin and some gourds and indian corn to decorate the apartment with. So now we have fall-ish decorations. Yay!

We were going to go the State Fair in the afternoon, but we got a late start, and by the time we had gone to the 'farm' and back, run a few quick errands, and gotten lunch at a really great sushi place around the corner, it was already 4:00pm and Sarah was exhausted... she was not enjoying the time difference too much! So we ended up renting a couple xbox games, and watching Animal House... until we all passed out at around 9:00pm. Crazy partiers, we are!

Overall, good weekend. It was good to see the Sister, and it was fun to do some exploring. And I officially have an ampersand "collection." Of one. Because Sarah bought me a really cool one from Anthropologie. When I decide precisely where to put it, I'll take some shots and post 'em.

Hopefully, my next post will be sooner than next Monday!

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

I heart Scottsdale Fashion Square...it has so many shi-shi stores, I like to just look in the windows and roll my eyes at the prices people are willing to pay for their baubles...amazing, isn't it? It does sound like you had a great weekend though, even if you didn't party too hard...