[ welcome ]

All images © Rebecca Lee Hussey 2007, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Friday, July 27, 2007

[ i got beat at tic-tac-toe by a chicken ]

So life is good. Work is hectic, but good. I pulled back a little bit on my hours at Brenda's. Instead of working twenty hours a week there, I'm only working sixteen hours a week. I was just absolutely exhausted everyday because with all the driving I was pulling ten hour days everyday. Not cool.

But now I'm good. And once I start shooting weddings on weekends with Stuart (the first one is tonight!), it'll make up for the four hours I'm not working during the week. I'm not doing many of them right now, but starting in October, I'm basically booked every Saturday through the beginning of December. It's insane.

Next week, I'm going to be doing my first photoshoot with Brenda. She's pregnant, and due for a Living Art session (that's the name of her maternity shoots), so she's going to have me shoot it. It's going to be good practice. And she said that I'm going to probably be shooting her kids next week too, and then she'll work me into shoots with actual clients. I'm excited. It'll be good to be off the computer at work. I've been doing a lot of design stuff for her: baby announcement templates, baby congratulations cards, promo pieces. Good stuff.

In other news...

My PorchCacti are getting HUUUUUGE. Not really HUGE, but they are definitely bigger than they started. The bright green one is probably twice as big as it was!


Also, I finally got a frame for the vintage postcards I bought in Paris. They're fabulously aged, two are full of writing on the back, none of which I can read, because it's in French. Now I just need to hang them up.


Here's a nice blurry photo of the Roman's Oasis sign. Katie (Stuart's wife) told me that it used to be the bar that the farmers would ride their horses to for a drink. Awesome! It's a tiny building right near Stuart & Katie's house, and I drive by it everyday on the way to and from work.


The sky was seriously pretty on the way home from work today. The monsoon is kickin. Loving it. Crazy downpours.


Today after work, Jesse & I went to see The Simpsons movie. HILARIOUS! The entire audience was roaring during the whole thing. So so so funny. Spiderpig. Classic.

[ cletus / the simpsons movie ]

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Yes...the monsoons are wonderfully fun aren't they? We used to get A LOT more rain if you can believe that...and PHX would flood like crazy (but, I think it's because they don't really have it set up for water run-off)